Some of Our Services
- Personal Injury Claims
- General Real Estate Law for home-owners and holiday-makers (including Landlord/Tenants/Condominium Matters)
- Family Law (Divorces, Paternity, Alimony)
- Businesses Representation (Setting up companies in Italy; Contractual Law, Intellectual Property ,Debt Collection)
- Immigration Law
- Criminal Law Cases
- Labour / Employment
- Inheritance Claims
- Enforcement of foreign judgements
- General Assistance for Ex-Pats and Extended-term Visitors to Italy
- Authentication and notarization of documents
- Italian Tax Law and Accounting Services
- Criminal record checks
- Immigration in Italy – Legal Services
- Italian Elective Residency Visa
Personal Injury Claims in Italy (Road Traffic Accidents, Work Accidents, Slip and Fall in Public Places, Faulty Goods Accidents)
“Personal injury” cases are legal disputes that arise when one person suffers harm from an accident or injury, and someone else might be legally responsible for that harm. We provide legal representation to those who claim to have been injured, physically or psychologically, as a result of the negligence or wrongdoing of another person, company, government agency, or other entity during their stay in Italy. We operate on a no win no fee basis. If you or a member of your family has suffered a personal injury – or even death in an accident in Italy which was not your fault, our Law Office will be able to assist you in bringing a personal injury claim for compensation.
We handle every type of personal injury claim including road traffic accidents, railroad accidents, work accidents, trip and fall accidents. We can provide you with a quick and Free Assessment of your accident claim and will advise you about your legal rights and let you know if you have grounds to proceed with a compensation claim.
Real Estate and Property Law
The firm has experience with a variety of related issues, including the following: rights and interests in real estate and real property; sales, purchases and other transfers of real estate and real property; legal aspects of rental property and landlord issues; tenants’, renters’ and homeowners’ rights, settlement of claims against property rights and various other relevant topics, property inheritance. We are versed in many different activities, from the drafting of deeds to assisting families in court when threatened with foreclosure.
We assist clients of all nationalities in matters of Italian family law. The firm’s family law practice helps to resolve conflicts involving marriage, divorce, cohabitation, paternity, alimony, child support, custody and visitation rights.
Businesses Representation: Doing Business in Italy
We provide complete legal assistance for all facets of operations – from the establishment and registering of the business, to business growth and evolution, to winding-up and dissolution, when necessary.
With a trusted country-wide network of partner law firms and associates, we have the ability to assist clients in their operations in all regions of the Italian peninsula in matters regarding:
- Company formation in Italy Registration of Limited Liability Companies ( S.R.L. – S.R.L.S. – S.P.A); branch offices, representative offices. We are able to assist you throughout the entire company incorporation procedure, preparing and drafting the necessary company documents, registering the company at the Italian Trade Register, obtaining the Tax identification and the VAT number (“Codice Fiscale” and “Partita Iva”), opening a corporate bank account, offering also all the needed accounting services. We can also provide you with a virtual office if you do not have an available office in Italy for your business;
- Contractual Law (We provide contracts under Italian law and cross-border agreements involving Italian law, or Italian parties. We draft a wide variety of business and commercial agreements, agreements related to business formation and entity creation in Italy, purchase and sales agreements, contracts for services and employment, assistance in international commercial transactions);
- Debt recovery (We assist non-Italians in matters of debt collection from Italian individuals or private entities, executing both commercial (pursuing businesses) and retail (pursuing individuals) debt collections. litigation, when necessary; settlement negotiation, where possible);
- Intellectual Property (Registration of trademarks, patents and industrial designs in Italy and within the EU);
- Litigation in all Italian courts of law. (4) Medical Malpractice
Victims of medical malpractice have legal rights. If you, or a member of your family has been injured – or even killed – because of a medical error, we can assist in recovering damage compensation against medical insurance insurers, whether through a settlement, or before Italian Courts.
Labour / Employment
We provide consulting, both at a judicial and an extrajudicial level, on the various issues of labour law, with particular reference, in the Out-of-court representation and assistance to:
Assisting in drawing up and executing employment-related agreements, either individual or collective (e.g., employment contracts, service agreements, temporary employment agreements, Company agreements, independent contractor agreements, etc.);
drafting and checking documents and acts regarding labour relations, contract administration, grievance settlements, workers’ compensation claims, and staff management;
interpretation of law regulations and contract clauses
drafting of the code of conduct (codice disciplinare) and enactment of disciplinary sanctions
transfers, missions, secondments and change of job postings;
staff dismissals and disciplinary proceedings;
staff reductions, access to State Wages Guarantee Funds – ordinary and extraordinary, mobility procedures,
Trade-Union law and, in particular, relationships with the main Trade Unions
transfers of businesses, restructurings and labour due diligence.
At a judicial level our representations include cases and actions in Courts regarding either individual or collective contract termination, wrongful termination, claims for higher positions, claims for damages for harassment, demotion, or unsuitable work, and social security issues.
According to Italian law, members of the immediate family of the deceased are entitled a share of the estate, even against the will of the deceased. We can accordingly assist in assessing and collecting inheritance rights and assets in Italy, even, and especially, against hostile claims of title.
We work often on succession matters based on foreign wills involving Italian real estate, Italian bank accounts, life insurance, safe deposit box and invested funds.
We represent foreign Clients with inheritance claims in Court.
We also provide these services:
- Succession filing: determine applicable succession law, identify estate, beneficiaries and respective inheritance rights, calculate and settle succession taxes, prepare succession documents, validate and enforce foreign wills in Italy, file succession paperwork, put estate in name of beneficiaries;
- Estate discovery: search Italian property titles and interests, bank accounts and other assets a beneficiary might be entitled to;
- Terminate co-tenancy: (joint ownership termination): assist joint owners getting out of a joint ownership, amicably or through Court;
Enforcement of Foreign Judgements
It is often the case that a judgment obtained in a foreign Court can be enforced in Italy. For instance, if a debtor’s assets are located in Italy, a decision issued by a foreign judge could remain unsatisfied, unless enforced before Italian Courts. Accordingly, we can assist in undertaking a levy procedure here in Italy and satisfying any related claims stemming from the judgment of the foreign Court.
General Assistance for Ex-Pats and Extended-term Visitors to Italy
In our practice, we often find clients looking for a range of assistance extending outside strictly legal concerns: relocation assistance, rent negotiation, service activation or dispute resolution with telecom companies, assistance in opening or accessing bank deposit accounts, in-person representation at condominium meetings, and a wide variety of other needs. We’re here to help with the everyday problems ex-pats and foreigners may confront on a regular basis, and encourage you to contact us even if your query does not involve a strictly legal question.
Authentication and Notarization of Documents
We provide complete services for certifying original copies of official documents, including passports, Id cards, birth or residency certificates, property ownership records, etc. We also can provide notarization of sworn, signed statements and other official documents according to client needs.
Italian Tax Law and Accounting Services
We offer Italian tax law advice and consultation, in additional to accounting services, for property owners and business organizations in Italy. We provide Italian tax and tax-related legal advice to foreign individuals relocating to Italy, including proper tax payment and management. Italian tax and legal planning for foreign investors, companies and businesses investing or doing business in Italy.
Criminal record checks
Request of Certificates from the Judicial Records Register through the entire Italian territory
A “Certificato Generale del Casellario Giudiziale” (Certificate of Criminal Record) is a certificate that contains a summary of a person’s criminal convictions registered in the Italian Judicial Records that may no longer be subject to appeal.
This document is usually requested by Italian citizens or foreigners who lived for a while in Italy for citizenship & immigration applications abroad, job searching, adoption, to prove that you were not convicted of any crime while you were staying in Italy.
Content of the certificate: The document would include, if any, the type of charge, trial date and/or offense date, file date, case number, dates of conviction, sentence, and dispositions.
Time required: 7 days
Immigration in Italy – Legal Services
We handle immigration files nationwide.
We discuss with our clients their specific personal needs, goals and expectations, advise them about applicable immigration rules, regulations, requirements. We prepare the file to be lodged with the competent authority and prepare our clients for interviews and appointments at the Italian consulate in the world.
Specifically, we do specialise in Italian Elective Residency Visa
The residency visa allows entrance into Italy to individuals with high self-sustaining incomes and financial assets who want to move to Italy and live here.